Baby Family For Mum Lifestyle
Essentials for travelling with kids
Essentials for travelling with kids By Mim Jenkinson.
This travelling with kids guide and giveaway is sponsored.
Is your family about to head off on holiday? From road trips to plane journeys, these essentials for travelling with kids could help make your trip easier.
Here are six products that make travelling with kids a breeze – that’s less time feeling stressed and more time to have fun:
1. Keep them Healthy on Holiday
Looking after your family’s health all year round is always a priority but now you can take some extra steps when you’re travelling and out and about, thanks to the Flo Family Health range!
Whether you’re travelling by car, plane or public transport, maintaining hydrated nasal tissues is important for good health. Spending long periods in air conditioned environments or dry humidity can play havoc with our noses. And travelling in public means we can be further exposed to other people’s germs, like the common cold virus. A dry or crusty nose can also make a person more susceptible to airborne irritants and viruses.
Flo Travel is a natural, gentle and moisturising nasal spray containing Carrageenan (Red Seaweed extract) in a saline solution. Red seaweed helps keep nasal tissues moist for hours* and the saline solution helps wash away germs and irritants in the nose. Like all Flo nasal salines in the range, it is preservative-free. Flo Travel is recommended from 2 years and up.
Try Flo Travel during a flight, on public transport or whenever you’re in air-conditioned or dry environments. If you or a family member have already caught a cold, Flo Travel may help shorten cold symptoms, so you can get on with enjoying your holiday!
Find out more about the preservative-free Flo Family Health range here and read other parent’s reviews.
If you or your child suffer regular nose bleeds then a gentle, preservative-free isotonic saline may be preferable e.g. Flo Baby, Flo Kids or Flo Saline Plus. Ask your pharmacist for more information. Always read the label, use as directed. Consult your healthcare practitioner if symptoms persist.
Clinical references: Fernstrom, A et al. Aerobiology and its role in transmission of infectious diseases. Journal of Pathogens Vol 2013 Article 493960. Eccles et al. Efficacy of an antiviral Iota-Carageenan nasal spray; a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled exploratory study in volunteers with early symptoms of the common cold. Respiratory research 2010; 11:108.
2. Go Hands Free
A baby carrier can make all the difference when you’re away.
Whether it’s carrying a baby and your luggage at the airport or taking your little one on a sight-seeing day! Baby wearing keeps your baby close to you so that they feel safe and cosy.
The BabyBjorn Carrier One makes baby-wearing a breeze.
It’s ideal for little ones from newborn to age three and gives parents the opportunity to wear their baby on their front or back.
When wearing your baby on your front, you can choose to face them in to you or out to the world – so they don’t miss out on seeing the sights!
This ergonomic, soft and comfortable carrier has padded shoulder straps and a supportive waist band to relieve pressure on your back and shoulders.
The International Hip Dysplasia Institute has tested the Baby Carrier One and acknowledges it to be “hip-healthy”. This means that the baby carrier provides the correct support to your child’s hips and encourages good hip joint development, which is especially important in your child’s first months.
Find out more about the BabyBjorn Baby Carrier One here and read other parent’s reviews.
3. Make it Fun for the Kids
Whether it’s a day trip to the zoo or a round the world trip, a Trunki ride-on suitcase for kids is a practical and fun holiday companion!
This multi-award winning and innovative product has been delighting kids and parents all over the world since 2006.
It’s a lightweight yet durable suitcase that your child can pack their travel essentials in, then hop on and ride!
Trunkis have a comfortable saddle, secure lockable catches and a huge 18 litre storage capacity. They’re ideal hand luggage for kids and recommended for ages 3+.
Head here to check out the colourful and fun range of Trunkis!
Find out more about the Trunki here and read other parent’s reviews.
4. Be Prepared for Mess
Spills and messes can be an inevitable part of a day trip or holiday with kids.
WaterWipes, the world’s purest baby wipes are ideal to pop into your changing bag, hand luggage or vehicle for quick clean ups on-the-go.
WaterWipes are the only wipe made using just water and a drop of fruit extract.
They’re midwife-recommended and the only baby wipe to be approved by Allergy UK.
Suitable from birth and safe for sensitive skin, these wipes can clear a multitude of messes to let you get back to enjoying your holiday!
Find out more about WaterWipes here and read other parent’s reviews.
5. Get Comfortable
If you’re jetting off on a plane or hopping in a train, bus or car, keep your little one comfortable with a Plane Pal!
Plane Pal can be used in both the bassinet row and in a standard economy seat.
This innovative product allows your child to rest and play safely, it’s lightweight and easy to inflate and deflate.
Plane Pal was designed by Sam, a mother of three, who loves to travel. She wanted to help to take the stress out of travelling with kids and devised the Plane Pal to do just that.
It’s approved by over 40 airlines and you can find out more about it here.
6. Get a Good Night’s Sleep
You may need to change your little one’s sleep schedule while you’re away or get them used to sleeping in new surroundings.
If you can keep your bedtime routine as close as possible to how it is at home, this might help them adjust faster.
The ergoPouch range of baby swaddles and sleeping bags is a firm favourite for many Aussie parents.
Their 2.5 tog Sleep Suit Bag, in a beautiful array of colours and designs, is a safe and comfortable way to keep your little one warm in the cooler months.
What is a Tog? Which one should I choose?
A TOG is a unit of measurement for insulation and warmth of sleepwear and bedding. Put simply, the lower the TOG rating, the lighter the fabric. The higher the rating, the more padded and insulated it is.
You would choose a suitable TOG based on the temperature of the room your baby is sleeping in. Our TOGS are suitable for the below room temperatures:
- 0.2 and 0.3 TOG = 24 degrees Cº +
- 1.0 TOG = 21 degrees Cº – 24 degrees Cº
- 2.5 TOG = 17 degrees Cº – 23 degrees Cº
- 3.5 TOG = 14 degrees Cº – 21 degrees Cº
To take the guesswork out of dressing your little one for sleep, please check our What to Wear Guide here.
It converts from a sleeping bag to a suit using zippers, making the transition from cot to pram to car easy.
With an organic cotton outer layer, cotton sleeves and fold over mitts, your baby or toddler will be warm and cosy!
Find out more about the ergoPouch range here and read other parent’s reviews.
And the winner is… Annaliese! Congratulations!
- 2 x Flo Travel Nasal Sprays
- 2 x Flo Kids Nasal Sprays
- 2 x Flo Baby Nasal Sprays
- 2 x Flo Elephant Soft Toys
- 2 x Flo Elephant Pool Squirties
- 2 x Flo Elephant Inflatables
- Worth $110
- 1 x BabyBjorn Baby Carrer One in Denim Grey
- Worth $229.95
- 1 x Police Car or Fairy Trunki
- Worth $89.95
- 1 x 3 month supply of WaterWipes (12 packs)
- Worth $90
From Plane Pal:
- 1 x Plane Pal Kit
- Worth $79.95
- 1 x Sleep Suit Bag
- Worth $84.95
Follow Tell Me Baby on Facebook
Follow Tell Me Baby on Instagram
Terms and Conditions:
- These terms and conditions of entry, including information on how to participate and prize details (Terms), apply to the promotion and entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms.
- The promoter is Tell Me Baby. ABN 25 155 148 093.
- Entry is open to residents of Australia aged 18 years or over excluding:
a) management, employees, directors and contractors of the Promoter, its related bodies corporate, firms or companies associated with the promotion (including suppliers of prizes);
b) a spouse, de-facto spouse, parent, guardian, child or sibling of a person referred to in paragraph 3(a) of these Terms;
c) persons who have breached the terms and conditions of any promotion run by or on behalf of the Promoter, (Eligible Entrants). The persons referred to in paragraph 3(b) of these Terms includes natural and non-natural relations (in the opinion of the Promoter) and the Promoter is responsible for determining whether a person is an Eligible Entrant in its absolute discretion.
- This Promotion is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner.
- The Promotion ends at 11:59pm 16th July 2018.
- To enter, Eligible Entrants must complete the entry form on tellmebaby.com.au
- Your email address will be provided to the brands listed above.
- Prize delivery will be at the expense of each brand listed above.
- Incomplete entries or those that contain defamatory comments are ineligible to win.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries not received for any reason during the promotion period. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries. The Promoter does not warrant that the entry mechanism will be available at all times during the Promotion Period.
- Eligible Entrants may only enter once and in their own name.
- The winning Eligible Entry/Entries will be chosen by a selection panel based on the entrant’s creativity and skill. The judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
- If an Eligible Entrant wins a prize, they must be a Subscriber at the time of it being awarded.
- Winners will be notified by email and their name will be published in our weekly newsletter.
- The Promoter will do its best to contact the winner/s. If a winner does not accept their prize within one month of being chosen, the Promoter will select the next best Eligible Entry/Entries.
- The Promoter reserves the right to select alternate winner/s if it determines in its sole discretion that the winner/s do not adequately satisfy these terms and conditions.
- Prizes are not transferable and not redeemable for cash.
- The prize winner is responsible for any expenses, fees and costs connected with the prizes that are not included in the prize descriptions.
- The prize(s) will be delivered to the residential address as provided by the winner(s) by the prize supplier. The Promoter conducts this Promotion on behalf of the prize supplier and is not responsible for any loss, damage or delivery of the prize once the prize supplier has been provided with the winner’s details.
- The Promoter and their promotional partners are not responsible for any loss or damage in relation to the prize once it has been awarded.
- The Promoter reserves the right to change the dates of the promotion if required. If for any reason the promotion is incapable of being run as planned, including due to infection by infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to take any action that may be available to it, including cancelling, terminating, modifying or suspending the Promotion. Notice of any changes to the promotion will be given at http://tellemebaby.com.au/competitions
- Any Eligible Entrant who, in the opinion of the Promoter, tampers or interferes with the entry mechanism in any way, engages in any unlawful or improper conduct which jeopardises or is likely to jeopardise the fair or proper conduct of the Promotion, or who does not properly comply with the entry process, will be ineligible to receive a prize or enter further promotions run by the Promoter.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter. Once submitted, your entry will not be returned to you. By entering the promotion, Eligible Entrants acknowledge that the Promoter is granted a worldwide, non-exclusive, irrevocable licence in perpetuity to reproduce, publish, adapt, communicate and broadcast all or part of their entry in any media for the purposes of this competition and inclusion in the Promoters products and marketing materials.
- The Promoter and its promotional partners will use the personal information contained in your entry to conduct the promotion, and award the prize. If you win a prize, the Promoter can use your name to credit you for your entry and for marketing purposes.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or Pinterest. We hereby release Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or Pinterest of any liability. You understand that you are providing your information to Tell Me Baby and not to Facebook.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase or payment of any kind will not increase your chances of winning. This Promotion is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook