Birth For Mum
5 great products for your hospital bag
Is your due date looming? It’s now time to start thinking about the products for your hospital bag!
Whilst it might be tempting to pack a large bag with everything that you might possibly need, it’s much better to pack the essentials that are going to make your time at the hospital easier.
Have a think about what you will need to help you and your baby through labour, during the birth and in the happy time afterwards!
Here are some products you may like to add to your list to pack in your hospital bag.
Plus, one lucky reader will win them all!
This hospital bag guide and giveaway is sponsored.
Essential Products for your Hospital Bag
1. A Nappy Bag!
You can start to use your new nappy bag even before your new baby arrives! Packing it in advance with newborn nappies, baby wipes and change time essentials means that when you leave hospital, you’re all prepared.
You can also use your nappy bag as your overnight bag at the hospital by packing it with everything else you’re taking too.
The Storksak Kym is a beautiful, luxurious and practical leather nappy bag.
A contemporary bag with sleek hardware, the Kym nappy bag has ample room with internal pockets and great storage options to help new mums stay organised.
This beautiful bag has pockets in the front and back that can specifically house nappies, wipes, bottles and all your essentials for when you’re on the go.
A machine washable, padded changing mat is included inside, with concealed pockets for change time accessories.
Plus, there’s a zipped insulated bottle holder that can be attached to a pram!
2. Muslin Wraps
Muslin wraps are many new mum’s “go-to” item and your new baby will be warm and snug in a muslin wrap from Matchstick Monkey!
Their 100% luxury organic cotton muslin blankets will help keep your new bundle of joy calm and warm.
Plus, they’re multi-purpose! Why not throw a muslin over your shoulder when burping baby or as a breastfeeding cover?
These muslins have a “chewable” corner to ease the pain that teething can cause to your baby.
Matchstick Monkey are renowned for their range of teething toys too. Their fun and flexible teething monkeys are made from soft, safe silicone with handles that are thin enough for babies to hold from a young age.
3. Newborn Nappies
Most hospitals will ask for you to bring in your own nappies, so be prepared with enough to last a few days. A 24 pack of Mater Mothers Nappies will be more than enough.
The Mater Baby Products’ range of skin care and nappies was developed by Australia’s largest maternity service, Mater Mothers’ Hospitals and is the first range to be developed by a hospital.
The range, developed by midwives and mums, provides families with high quality and affordable products.
Its proceeds support Mater Little Miracles to help fund specialist life-saving research, care and equipment to ensure all babies can grow up to be happy and healthy children.
Mater Nappies are made from ultra-soft breathable material, dermatologically tested and proven not to cause skin irritation. They’re available in five sizes from Newborn upwards.
PLUS – you can grab 20% off your order with the code TMB20!
4. The Right Underwear
After the birth of your baby, your body will take some weeks to recover. Modibodi have created the perfect underwear for new mums!
The Award winning Modibodi Maternity range is also made from amazingly comfortable and breathable Bamboo which means it will keep you cool and dry.
Their comfortable and supportive undies are leakproof, extra gentle and absorbent. While your pelvic floor recovers, you can feel confident of no leaks.
Modibodi’s Maternity Briefs are ideal throughout your pregnancy, as well as after the birth!
For new mums who breastfeed, the Modibodi Maternity range includes a maternity singlet to protect from leaks and make access a breeze.
The nursing singlet looks and fits like a regular breastfeeding bra. The breastfeeding singlet is luxuriously soft, and the cup size allows for changing breast size. This nursing singlet replaces the need for eco-damaging nursing pads and is washable & reusable. Perfect for pre and post bump!
- Patented Modifier Technology™ in bra cups for all sized milk leaks – moisture wicking, super absorbent, antibacterial, stain resistant, breathable, waterproof
- Luxuriously soft, breathable, odour eliminating bamboo jersey outer fabric
These comfortable singlets can absorb 10mls of milk per breast cup and save waste by reducing the need for disposable breast pads.
5. A Gentle Breast Pump
A midwife or lactation specialist can help with education and tips on how to use it effectively and be on hand to help with any questions.
The Chicco Natural Feeling Manual Breast Pump is a gentle and effective pump. Comfort is guaranteed thanks to an ergonomic handle and delicately provides a soft silicone membrane that is suitable for breasts of any size.
Make the most of your time in hospital by gaining knowledge from your midwives on what to do when you bring your new baby home.
And the winner is…Katie!
Would you like to win all the products mentioned for your hospital bag?
Up for grabs is this amazing prize pack, worth $940.34
- 1 x Storksak Kym Changing Bag
- 1 x Pack of 3 Matchstick Monkey Muslin Blankets + 1 x Dancing Monkey
- 1 month’s Supply of Mater Nappies
- 1 x Modibodi Maternity Pack (including 1 x Singlet and 3 x Undies)
- 1 x Chicco Natural Feeling Manual Breast Pump
To enter, simply complete this form:
Entries close at 11.59pm on August 20th 2018 and the winner will be announced on our Facebook page and in our newsletter, so make sure you’re signed up here.
Follow Tell Me Baby on Facebook
Follow Tell Me Baby on Instagram
Terms and Conditions:
- These terms and conditions of entry, including information on how to participate and prize details (Terms), apply to the promotion and entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms.
- The promoter is Tell Me Baby. ABN 25 155 148 093.
- Entry is open to residents of Australia aged 18 years or over excluding:
a) management, employees, directors and contractors of the Promoter, its related bodies corporate, firms or companies associated with the promotion (including suppliers of prizes);
b) a spouse, de-facto spouse, parent, guardian, child or sibling of a person referred to in paragraph 3(a) of these Terms;
c) persons who have breached the terms and conditions of any promotion run by or on behalf of the Promoter, (Eligible Entrants). The persons referred to in paragraph 3(b) of these Terms includes natural and non-natural relations (in the opinion of the Promoter) and the Promoter is responsible for determining whether a person is an Eligible Entrant in its absolute discretion.
- This Promotion is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner.
- The Promotion ends at 11:59pm Aug 20th 2018.
- To enter, Eligible Entrants must complete the entry form on tellmebaby.com.au
- Your email address will be provided to the brands listed above.
- Prize delivery will be at the expense of each brand listed above.
- Incomplete entries or those that contain defamatory comments are ineligible to win.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries not received for any reason during the promotion period. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries. The Promoter does not warrant that the entry mechanism will be available at all times during the Promotion Period.
- Eligible Entrants may only enter once and in their own name.
- The winning Eligible Entry/Entries will be chosen by a selection panel based on the entrant’s creativity and skill. The judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
- If an Eligible Entrant wins a prize, they must be a Subscriber at the time of it being awarded.
- Winners will be notified by email and their name will be published in our weekly newsletter.
- The Promoter will do its best to contact the winner/s. If a winner does not accept their prize within one month of being chosen, the Promoter will select the next best Eligible Entry/Entries.
- The Promoter reserves the right to select alternate winner/s if it determines in its sole discretion that the winner/s do not adequately satisfy these terms and conditions.
- Prizes are not transferable and not redeemable for cash.
- The prize winner is responsible for any expenses, fees and costs connected with the prizes that are not included in the prize descriptions.
- The prize(s) will be delivered to the residential address as provided by the winner(s) by the prize supplier. The Promoter conducts this Promotion on behalf of the prize supplier and is not responsible for any loss, damage or delivery of the prize once the prize supplier has been provided with the winner’s details.
- The Promoter and their promotional partners are not responsible for any loss or damage in relation to the prize once it has been awarded.
- The Promoter reserves the right to change the dates of the promotion if required. If for any reason the promotion is incapable of being run as planned, including due to infection by infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to take any action that may be available to it, including cancelling, terminating, modifying or suspending the Promotion. Notice of any changes to the promotion will be given at http://tellemebaby.com.au/competitions
- Any Eligible Entrant who, in the opinion of the Promoter, tampers or interferes with the entry mechanism in any way, engages in any unlawful or improper conduct which jeopardises or is likely to jeopardise the fair or proper conduct of the Promotion, or who does not properly comply with the entry process, will be ineligible to receive a prize or enter further promotions run by the Promoter.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter. Once submitted, your entry will not be returned to you. By entering the promotion, Eligible Entrants acknowledge that the Promoter is granted a worldwide, non-exclusive, irrevocable licence in perpetuity to reproduce, publish, adapt, communicate and broadcast all or part of their entry in any media for the purposes of this competition and inclusion in the Promoters products and marketing materials.
- The Promoter and its promotional partners will use the personal information contained in your entry to conduct the promotion, and award the prize. If you win a prize, the Promoter can use your name to credit you for your entry and for marketing purposes.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or Pinterest. We hereby release Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or Pinterest of any liability. You understand that you are providing your information to Tell Me Baby and not to Facebook.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase or payment of any kind will not increase your chances of winning. This Promotion is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook