Review guidelines and tips
Looking for some inspiration when writing a review, or want to know what makes a great review? Check out our advice below.
Write a review
Firstly, be honest – parents want to hear what you really think!
Only review products you’ve tried, and don’t copy other people’s reviews – all reviews must be original.
Try to answer questions others may have, such as:
- What do you like most about the item?
- Would you say it offers value for money?
- Would you make any changes to the product if you could?
- Do you have any advice for others looking to buy it – eg, any hacks, or tips on where to get it?
- Would you recommend it to a friend?
Keep in mind that reviews must be 50 words or more to be published, and for you to earn points.
Add an image
Posting your own photos of the products you’re reviewing will help other parents make their own buying decisions – and if you include 3 photos, you’ll earn 300 points!
Here are our top photo tips:
- Capture little details – think about what you would look at if you were thinking about buying it.
- Use a variety of angles and shots of the product in use.
- Take close ups of relevant labels i.e. ingredients/nutritional information/directions for use.
- If it’s in packaging, take it out – show us what the food actually looks like, how the lotion spreads, the size of the wipe, how small the pram folds up, etc.
- Minimise clutter so the product really stands out.
- Don’t feature other brands’ products in the same shot.
Also please note that the following images may not be published:
- Photos that are blurry, low quality, or repetitive (for example, showing the same angle twice).
- Items still in the box or packaging.
- Photos of samples – please use the full products to review and photograph.
- Photos taken of the product in the shop or supermarket.
- Don’t include photos taken by other people/copied from the