Oricom Secure 850 Monitor Review – Kimberley McQuire
Why Did You Choose The Oricom Secure 850 Monitor?
I have always loved the brand Oricom. They have fantastic customer service and are present and interactive on social media. I had previously owned the 710 oricom video camera which was abit cheaper than this model, however I wanted to upgrade to have the function of the motorised pan tilt camera. I used the oricom website to research the different models and their functions. I also reached out on social media to ask for reviews on this product from friends and had great reviews.
What Are The Pros Of The Oricom Secure 850 Monitor?
- My favourite feature of this monitor is the motorised pan tilt camera. It can rotate around the room 300 degrees horizontally and 100 degrees vertically. This is great as I can move the camera if I can’t see her in the frame. This feature will also be perfect for when she is in a toddler bed.
- The Oricom Secure 850 Monitor also has the talkback feature, but I don’t really use that function.
- I love the big screen and good picture quality.
- The screen turns off and goes on standby mode so that it doesn’t light up your bedroom at night, but it turns on when any noise is made.
- I also love the room temperature feature. It is great to see from the parent unit what the temperature is in the room and you can also set alarms if it gets too hot or cold.
- You can also purchase additional cameras to link up to the parent unit which will be great for when we have another bab
What Are The Cons Of The Oricom Secure 850 Monitor?
It would be great if it had the white noise feature otherwise I am really happy with this baby monitor.
Is The Oricom Secure 850 Monitor Good Value For Money?
I think it was worth paying the extra money for the bigger screen size and the awesome feature of the motorised pan tilt camera. The monitors often go on sale at baby bunting so I feel like I got a great deal. I paid $219. It also comes with the 3 year warranty for peace of mind.
Would You Recommend The Oricom Secure 850 Monitor To Others?
I would totally recommend the Oricom Secure 850 Monitor as a great quality video baby monitor. I think it is worth paying the extra money for the extra feature. The larger screen size isn’t super important, but the motorised camera was really important to me. If this is not important to you you could go with a cheaper oricom model like the 710.