12 innovative baby nursery essentials – and $100+ giveaway!
By Mim Jenkinson and sponsored by Mayborn.
Getting the nursery ready for your new baby is, without a doubt, one of the most enjoyable parts of pregnancy.
From stocking up on nappies to adding beautiful, decorative touches, we want to create a nursery that is cosy and comfortable for our new bundle of joy.
There are essentials for a nursery that most families buy early, such as nursery furniture, nappies and skin care. But as well as the nursery must-haves, there are also many innovative products around that can make a new parent’s life so much easier.
It can be a little overwhelming to know what is right for you and your new baby. So we’re sharing some items for a newborn baby that help to make the first few months of parenthood even easier and more enjoyable!
They’re all from the beautiful and practical ranges at The Gro Company and Tommee Tippee. As well as sharing more info about each product, you can find out more about how it might be right for you by reading reviews from other Aussie parents who have tested and tried each one.
This list of baby nursery essentials also has great gift ideas. So if you’re an aunt or uncle-to-be, or your best friend is about to have their first baby, you might be inspired by these beautiful ideas too.
12 baby nursery must-have items
1. The Gro Company Groegg2
A gentle night light can add a cosy glow to a nursery at night and comfort your little one. The Groegg2, with large and bright design, makes it easy for new parents to check their baby is resting at the correct temperature too.
A yellow glow suggests a comfortable temperature for babies and children to sleep in, while a blue glow suggests it’s too cold, and a red glow suggests it’s too high. The colours act as a handy tool so you know instantly whether to cool or heat the room, to modify baby’s clothing, to use a different tog Grobag Baby Sleep Bag (or, for non-sleep bag users, to alter the level of bedding).
2. Groswaddles and Swaddle Grobags
The hip-healthy Groswaddle range features super cute lions, zebras and hippos in a lovely dove grey design.
The special shaped pocket design ensures legs are in a hip-healthy position, so you don’t have to worry about over-tightening. It’s perfect for naps or night-time and an ideal first step before moving into their first Grobag Baby Sleep Bag. With the Groswaddle your newborn baby feels cuddled and safe, a feeling that promotes a good night’s sleep for baby and parents alike.
The revolutionary new 2 in 1 Swaddle Grobag enables you to swaddle your baby’s arms in or out for a great night’s sleep. Plus, when your baby is sleeping soundly, that should mean more shuteye for mum and dad as well!
The Swaddle Grobag is reassuringly snug on top with a hip healthy leg space on the bottom, keeping your little one secure all night just like when they were in Mummy’s tummy. Poppers on the armholes allow for swaddling with arms in or choose arms out for the freedom of a newborn Grobag. The Grosnug is the first stage to providing your baby with a safer, comfortable, and content night’s sleep.
Moving on to the classic Grobag – there’s no need for any additional sheets or blankets as the Grobag keeps your baby at an ideal temperature and has zips on all sides for easy access. We’re talking about those middle of the night nappy changes!
Grobags are super soft, comfortable and machine washable.
4. Tommee Tippee Sangenic Nappy Disposal System
On the subject of nappy changes, if it’s cold, raining or dark outside, you’ll loathe taking a nappy out to the bin if you don’t have to. This is where the Sangenic comes in!
The innovative Sangenic Tec nappy disposal system from Tommee Tippee offers anti-bacterial protection from germs and odours, individually sealing each nappy away in seconds. The system is easy to set up, easy to use and easy to empty, meaning you can spend less time changing and more time with baby.
5. Tommee Tippee Breast Pump
If you’re planning to breastfeed or express milk, a breast pump can quickly become a new mum’s best friend. Closer to Nature Breast Pumps make is reassuringly easy to give a new baby the benefits of breast milk when feeding time requires a bottle.
Discreet and comfortable to use, their BPA-free electric breast pump system has soft silicone cups designed to mimic a baby’s natural feeding action, whilst providing gentle and efficient expression offering maximum comfort for mum.
6. Tommee Tippee Bottles
With the most breast-like teats ever made, Closer to Nature bottles flexes like mum and feels like mum because babies prefer it that way.
The bottle, shaped like a breast, has guaranteed acceptance and an anti-colic valve that reduces excessive air flow, allowing your baby to ingest more milk and less air.
7. The Gro Company Grocomforter
Soft baby toys and baby comforter toys are a great companion for your little one.
The Ollie the Owl Comforter is made from plush soft velour and is the perfect new friend for your little one, with tactile features for newborns to explore and fingerholes so it can be used by parents as a puppet to amuse and engage.
This beautiful comforter is suitable from birth and is machine washable too.
Find out more about the Grocomforter range here.
8. Gro Anywhere Blackout Blind
If you’re taking your new baby on a trip, or staying overnight with family, you’ll want to create a snoozy sleeping environment if there is too much light flooding in.
The versatile Gro Anywhere Blackout Blind has been designed to ‘go’ anywhere with you and can be put in place in minutes. It creates a cosy nursery away from home and will be your travel companion for years to come as your baby grows up.
9. Tommee Tippee Soothers
Tommee Tippee soothers have a symmetrical orthodontic teat to help optimise baby acceptance and help babies hold the soother in their mouth while supporting natural oral development.
The range of Newborn soothers are perfectly suited for smaller newborn mouths and shaped like a bottle teat for a more familiar feeling for babies.
10. Ollie the Owl Light and Sound Sleep Aid
This beautiful sleep companion plays four comforting sounds (heartbeat, rainfall, static white noise or Brahms lullaby) and has a gentle warm glowing tummy.
Ollie the Owl creates a lovely soothing environment for your baby to drift off to sleep in and the built in CrySensor cleverly listens in and reactivates to help keep them calm should they stir.
11. Tommee Tippee Bibs
These gorgeous bibs are super soft for baby and super tough on mess.
Whether it’s oh-so-soft bibs for newborn feeding, wipe-clean bibs or Roll n Go Bibs, designed to catch all those messy spills on the go, the range has them covered.
What about an idea for your toddler’s nursery?
With the Groclock, you can teach your children to understand when it’s time to get up. It’s as simple as telling them to stay in bed until you see the sun!
The Groclock uses fun images of the stars and sun to communicate when to go back to sleep and when it’s time to spring out of bed. For older children there is also a digital display so they can learn to tell the time, as well as look for the arrival of the sun.
We hope our list of nursery essentials from The Gro Company and Tommee Tippee has helped you plan what you need for your new baby.
Set up your new nursery with products that will make your life easier and your baby more comfortable and cosier.
Would you like to win some beautiful nursery essentials?
This prize pack, worth $103, includes:
- 1 x Groegg2
- 1 x Swaddle Grobag – Newborn COSY Bennie the Bear
- 1 x Hip Healthy Groswaddle – Bennie the Bear
- 1 x Light and Sound Sleep Aid – Bennie the Bear
- 2 x Tommee Tippee Milk Feeding Bibs
- 6 x Tommee Tippee Bottles
- 1 x Tommee Tippee Sangenic
- 2 x Tommee Tippee 0-6 month Soothers
To enter to win this fantastic prize, complete the form below, answering the questions “In 25 words or less, what is your best tip to getting the house ready for a newborn baby?”
Entries close at 11.59pm on June 23rd 2019 and the winner will be announced in our newsletter, so make sure you’re signed up here.
Like Tell Me Baby on Facebook
Join our Facebook Community
Follow Tell Me Baby on Instagram
Terms and Conditions:
- These terms and conditions of entry, including information on how to participate and prize details (Terms), apply to the promotion and entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms.
- The promoter is Tell Me Baby. ABN 25 155 148 093.
- Entry is open to residents of Australia aged 18 years or over excluding:
a) management, employees, directors and contractors of the Promoter, its related bodies corporate, firms or companies associated with the promotion (including suppliers of prizes);
b) a spouse, de-facto spouse, parent, guardian, child or sibling of a person referred to in paragraph 3(a) of these Terms;
c) persons who have breached the terms and conditions of any promotion run by or on behalf of the Promoter, (Eligible Entrants). The persons referred to in paragraph 3(b) of these Terms includes natural and non-natural relations (in the opinion of the Promoter) and the Promoter is responsible for determining whether a person is an Eligible Entrant in its absolute discretion.
- This Promotion is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner.
- The Promotion ends at 11:59pm June 23rd 2019.
- To enter, Eligible Entrants must complete the entry form on tellmebaby.com.au
- Prize includes: 1 x Groegg2, 1 x Swaddle Grobag – Newborn COSY Bennie the Bear, 1 x Hip Healthy Groswaddle – Bennie the Bear, 1 x Light and Sound Sleep Aid – Bennie the Bear, 2 x Tommee Tippee Milk Feeding Bibs, 6 x Tommee Tippee Bottles, 1 x Tommee Tippee Sangenic and 2 x Tommee Tippee 0-6 month Soothers.
- Cost of delivery will be at the expense of Tell Me Baby.
- Incomplete entries or those that contain defamatory comments are ineligible to win.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries not received for any reason during the promotion period. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries. The Promoter does not warrant that the entry mechanism will be available at all times during the Promotion Period.
- Eligible Entrants may only enter once and in their own name.
- The winning Eligible Entry/Entries will be chosen by a selection panel based on the entrant’s creativity and skill. The judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
- If an Eligible Entrant wins a prize, they must be a Subscriber at the time of it being awarded.
- Winners will be notified by email and their name will be published on the Entry Page within a day of winning.
- The Promoter will do its best to contact the winner/s. If a winner does not accept their prize within one month of being chosen, the Promoter will select the next best Eligible Entry/Entries.
- The Promoter reserves the right to select alternate winner/s if it determines in its sole discretion that the winner/s do not adequately satisfy these terms and conditions.
- Prizes are not transferable and not redeemable for cash.
- The prize winner is responsible for any expenses, fees and costs connected with the prizes that are not included in the prize descriptions.
- The prize(s) will be delivered to the residential address as provided by the winner(s) by the prize supplier. The Promoter conducts this Promotion on behalf of the prize supplier and is not responsible for any loss, damage or delivery of the prize once the prize supplier has been provided with the winner’s details.
- The Promoter and their promotional partners are not responsible for any loss or damage in relation to the prize once it has been awarded.
- The Promoter reserves the right to change the dates of the promotion if required. If for any reason the promotion is incapable of being run as planned, including due to infection by infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to take any action that may be available to it, including cancelling, terminating, modifying or suspending the Promotion. Notice of any changes to the promotion will be given at http://tellemebaby.com.au/competitions
- Any Eligible Entrant who, in the opinion of the Promoter, tampers or interferes with the entry mechanism in any way, engages in any unlawful or improper conduct which jeopardises or is likely to jeopardise the fair or proper conduct of the Promotion, or who does not properly comply with the entry process, will be ineligible to receive a prize or enter further promotions run by the Promoter.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter. Once submitted, your entry will not be returned to you. By entering the promotion, Eligible Entrants acknowledge that the Promoter is granted a worldwide, non-exclusive, irrevocable licence in perpetuity to reproduce, publish, adapt, communicate and broadcast all or part of their entry in any media for the purposes of this competition and inclusion in the Promoters products and marketing materials.
- The Promoter and its promotional partners will use the personal information contained in your entry to conduct the promotion, and award the prize. If you win a prize, the Promoter can use your name to credit you for your entry and for marketing purposes.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or Pinterest. We hereby release Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or Pinterest of any liability. You understand that you are providing your information to Tell Me Baby and not to Facebook.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase or payment of any kind will not increase your chances of winning. This Promotion is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook